Friday, August 7, 2015

Vacation'd

I'm stealing this thread title from my podcast, because I can and who are you to stop me anyway??

Basically, as I start writing this, I have nothing productive to say; so I'm going to allow myself to just write what comes naturally.  Actually, I have some notes in a notebook that I could probably transcribe, but I think I'll do that on the weekend from the comfort of home.  So, bonus - you'll get some more stuff from me on the weekend.

Before I let my mind wander and forget to talk about it, the significance of the title is that for the last several weeks, I've been doing a combination of travelling up north to see Vanessa or her travelling to see me (if you don't know, she is working on a contract temporarily and is ~8 hours away).  As a result I haven't worried about sticking to any self-imposed schedules or doing anything creative.  I've sort of just...done things as I felt like it.  A little freeing!

Having said that, I think I'm going to not worry about my "schedule" I wrote about several weeks ago.  I think I've kind of reset my laziness and I'm not just sitting in front of the TV every night.  It doesn't feel as important to keep up with magazines, comic books, or TV shows right now.  I just want to have fun, and have fun creating things.  If there's something I want to do, and it doesn't get done...it's not a big deal (as long as it's not something actually important).

In my last podcast I released, I recorded it entirely from my cell phone.  It was pretty cool.  Which has led me to the notion of releasing a different podcast using just my cell phone.  I'm currently exploring methods of doing that; once I figure out a way that works to my satisfaction I will probably start doing that instead of writing here.  I just find it fun to do podcasts, and it comes easier than writing.

I think that's it for now.  Til the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment