Friday, August 20, 2010

What Am I Reading Now?

I think this is going to be a regular "feature", especially since I think it's going to help me keep up with my reading.

World of Wonders by Robertson Davies
I'm not too far into this book yet, but I'm finding it captivating enough.  It's the third book in the acclaimed Deptford Trilogy, which started with Fifth Business and continued with Manticore.  Apparently I started reading Wonders before, but only got as far as Chapter 3.  I'm not sure why I stopped, because I'm finding it interesting enough to keep going.

Full review when I'm done, but give me a break - I've barely started!

But I think I'm going to enjoy it, because I remember from high school that Fifth Business was one of my favourite reads.  Note that I mean "high school book", not necessarily "a book I read in high school".  Because I read stuff like 1984, Dune, and The Godfather while I was in high school, which I much preferred over Wuthering Heights or The Great Gatsby.

No comments:

Post a Comment