I have an ever-growing list of media I wish to consume, coupled with an ever-growing list of media I wish to produce. To that end, I think I need to structure my weeks. You see, I'm on my own for the summer (inquire further in the comments if interested in the full story), and it's been that way since May 25th. I had all these grandiose plans to catch up on PVR recordings (movies & TV shows), get podcasts recorded, etc. etc. to fill my time between softball games.
I've watched some TV, but mostly have sucked my time with playing video games and not being very productive, aside from some household chores. This is why I need structure. The last couple of days, I actually accomplished some to-do list items because I actually made a to-do list and followed it. So obviously, I need to tighten my schedule. Here it is.
- Magazine Mondays - Something I've been meaning to start for a while. I subscribe digitally to a bunch of magazines from the Ottawa Public Library via Zinio, and I have a backlog.
- Book Tuesdays - The alliteration stops at Mondays. I will find time to read books outside of Tuesdays, but some weeks I find I don't read at all. So at least once a week my evenings will be spent behind the pages (digital or analog) of a book.
- Comic Book Wednesdays - I have some comic books backlogged, plus a few older ones I wouldn't mind re-visiting. Also, there is a specific purpose to this day - will get to that.
- Television Thursdays - Yay, alliteration is back! Thursdays are for catching up on recorded items on my PVR, YouTube series (think: TitansGrave, RCVR, other stuff)
- Free Music Fridays - Because I needed more alliteration; specifically though I need to stay on top of Creative Commons music for Alternative Airwaves.
- The Weekend - The weekend is multi-purpose. Record a podcast (or two), listen to music, read, whatever.
What is all of this for? Why give titles for everything? I'll answer the second question first: because I can. As to what it's all for - and why the title of this post is, "I'm Back" - because I want to flex my writing muscles a bit more, and get more use out of this silly blog. I'm going to try to get back into the swing of weekly writing over here, using any one of those days as a starting block. Which day I'll post I haven't decided yet - but that's not important.
The other purpose is for the media I wish to produce, as I alluded to above. I already have Alternative Airwaves to work on - hence the music listening on Fridays - but I'm trying to finish working on Star Trek: The "X" Generation and turn that into a podcast. I recorded an "Episode 0" for it to get feedback (ask for it in the comments, if you like!), but I need to do more writing first. It's a project where I can easily record episodes ahead of time and keep up with a consistent schedule, but if I get too far ahead recording, I won't have any material to work with anymore!
That ties in to the whole comic book Wednesdays - the new podcast idea will involve comic books as well, and I want to release it when comic books are released - Wednesdays. I guess that's the only tie-in. Carry on.
Alright, back to my 2015 Update post - here's where I am as of today...
- Podcasts / 2015 comeback: I'm doing...OK with this. I've got updates coming mostly monthly. I missed the month of April only, so that means for 2015 I've released an episode in Jan/Feb/Mar/May/June - that's much better than I thought! Working with my friend Mike for the Futurama Podcast...we at least released a mini episode in May!
- TV Shows: I have too many shows to "catch up" with. I think I may binge watch a bunch of things. Or I may not.
- Project 365/52/26 - I started this...and then stopped. Not my cup of tea.
- Weight Loss - I have not yet lost 38 pounds, and in fact missed my goal for May. But since the end of May, I've gotten back on track with things and the weight's going down. Work in progress.
That's it! Sorry for the length of the post, but that's my fault for not writing anything in a billion years.*