Friday, July 3, 2015

A Round-Up

Not this kind of round-up.

I thought I'd check in based on my post last week, and make Thursdays my official day for posting here.  Or maybe Fridays.  I wrote all of this on Thursday but didn't finish editing (to add links).

I guess technically Im in my second weekdoing this new plan.  I think it's going petty well!  As I write this, Im watching some episodes of ReBoot (yes, I'm re-watching the show).  My schedule was thrown for a loop this week, but that's what happens when you get a day off work in the middle of the week.

I've found the hardest day to stay intrested is Magazine Monday.  I guess I'm just not that into magazines. But I did and some new TV Shows to follow!  On Thursdays only of course.

- Dark Matter - I first leared of this show via Wil Wheaton.  The basic premise of the show is 6 people wake up from stasis to discover they know basic skills but don't remember who they are. Already that's a great premise that hooked me. The series is created by the same people behind the Stargate TV shows.

It's interesting to think of them as "auteurs" because you can certainly pick up on the Stargate-like aspects. It's hard to define, but it's definitely noticeable and can make it easier to predict plot points. Overall, I like it.  The title text makes me think of the N64 game Perfect Dark.  TIL it's based on a comic book series!

- Killjoys - It's about bounty hunters, set in the future. A killjoy is a hunter with clearance to go after kill contracts. I don't want to give too much away, because it is a great show. It's visually stunning as well.  I actually like this show better than Dark Matter.

Other things going on? We got a new camera, and I'm photographing anything and everything.
I've been a lot more productive these last two weeks as well.  I released a podcast last weekend, the second in two weeks. That's really good for me! Usually I don't get more than one done in a month.

Good start for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment