Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 119

I started this weight loss plan (to lose 30 pounds by the time I turn 30) November 8th.  The goal was to drop from 275.2 pounds to 245.2 pounds by March 5, 2014.  Officially, the last date of this personal challenge was yesterday - Thursday March 6, because my daily weigh-in schedule was on a Friday-Thursday week.  So how did I do?  Prepare yourself for some numbers.

But first...a little background on how I went through this challenge and gathered information.  I read that the best way to get an accurate progress report of your weight loss is to weigh yourself three times a day, and take the average.  For best results, these times should be consistent.  Because I only had time and access for two weigh-ins, I ditched the third and have done a decent job of weighing in at the same time each day.  Armed with those daily numbers, I measured my progress based on my 7-day average weight.

I also participated in a free health clinic offered by my employer.  I was given a CANRISK (your risk of developing diabetes) of 28, which is moderate.  They measured my waist circumference, as well as my body fat %.  I won't bore you with all the numbers - they're a few posts back.

But, my BMI back in November was 39.2.  Today, it's 36.6.  My score is still 28 - but I feel like that's partly to do with my waist measurements not changing (which I don't get - everybody says that they can see I've lost weight, but I don't know where they see it if my waist is the same).  Either way?  Reducing my BMI is really good.

On Friday November 8, 2013, I weighed 272.4 pounds in the morning and 278.0 pounds in the evening for an average of 275.2 pounds.  On March 5, 2014, I weighed 257.2 pounds in the morning, 260.4 pounds at night, for an average of 258.8 pounds.  That's a total loss of 16.4 pounds by the 30-years-old mark.  Just over halfway to my actual goal.  Considering that's better than losing 0 pounds or GAINING weight, I'm happy with that number.

As of Thursday March 6, 2014, I weighed 258.0 in the morning, 261.6 in the evening, for an average of 259.8.  The total loss from November 8th is 17 pounds.  That also gives me a 7-day average of 258.1 - which is still a 16 pound loss over 119 days.


I'm not nearly done yet, either.  I'm taking a bit of a weekend break from tracking everything so I can re-start on a new Mon-Sun schedule, but the new goal is to lose even more weight.  I haven't determined the exact amount yet, so I'll report back on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment