Monday, September 20, 2010

World of Wonders

I keep wanting to discuss this book with everyone but I don't want to keep making blog posts.  So I thought I'd keep track of my thoughts as I read in a draft post.  Here's what I wrote recently on a forum, after being 7 chapters in:

So far it is a captivating enough story, but I'm not sure I see the point. It seems like it would be better read in quick succession of Fifth Business and Manticore, rather than waiting several years after reading Manticore. I haven't gotten to the point of putting the book down in frustration, as I did with Philip K. Dick's We Can Build You, but the book is definitely walking on a tight rope with me right now. Especially since I just picked up Spook Country for $2 and am itching to read that.

I wrote the above about a month ago.  I kinda gave up on reading World of Wonders, because I wasn't staying very interested in it.  Progress on Spook Country is going slowly as I am currently trying to get through some old TV shows (Battlestar Galactica, going to get caught up on Stargate Universe, and so forth).

No comments:

Post a Comment